Deborah Barr

Deborah Barr

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pieces

 It's so far from being done, but I cannot seem to paint more than an hour at a time. My hands hurt, then they are numb. I use to paint at least three hours at a time, sometimes up to five or six hours. Now two hours is a big deal.
 I feel like I am leaving little pieces of me on the surface...every time I paint. Not the physical me.....but the emotional me. Some surfaces are smooth and flat graphic like my emotions. You know, like when you're happy and life is a smooth ride. Other areas are line only, like the feeling that something is missing; or rich layered textures ...like the feeling of chaos, fear and or being upset.
What I wish for is a four hour painting spree and the feeling that......I have done a good days work. I guess my new mantra should be...slow and steady wins the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment